Welcome back to Happy Healthy Curly! Today, I’m going to explain to you my wash day routine. First, I wash my hair once a week. I switch it up sometimes it just depends on how my hair feels that week. If my hair feels really dry I might do a protein treatment. Or maybe an avocado mask. I’ve gone to far measures to moisutrize and keep my hair strong. I have gotten all of my hair conditioners from YouTube. This week I did a lot to my hair because, I haven’t given it any tender love and care. It needed some much needed love. Here are the things I did this week:
1. A “Pre Poo” is cleansing your hair before you shampoo your hair. My hair felt more dirty than usual so I added an extra step. It just cleanses my hair better. I used Apple Cider Vinegar, I mixed it in a spray bottle with water. Then, I spray the mixture directly to my scalp and massage it in. I let it sit for about 10 minutes and rinse my hair.
2. This week my hair was tangled a lot and the apple cider vinegar doesn’t help with detangling my thick hair. So I melted some coconut oil and put it throughout my hair. I then can comb through my hair easily before I shampoo. It also adds extra moisture.
3. Shampoo and Condition. I looked for a mixture that would give my hair extra moisture. I scrub the shampoo into my scalp, not onto my ends.
4. Deep Condition: I always deep condition after shampooing because, it makes my hair softer and stronger for the week ahead. I leave the conditioner on my hair for 30 minute. I have a shower cap and a towel wrapped around my head.
5. Rinse with cool water. This week I did a wash & go which you can read about on my blog.